Welcome to the UNB Science Fiction and Fantasy Collection Showcase!
On our Saint John campus, UNB Libraries holds one of the most significant collections of SFF in an academic setting. The collection includes rare original pulp magazines from as early as 1926, pulp novels, classic novels by the greats of SFF, and the most significant works being published in these genres today. Thousands of items are available to circulate, while those in the special collection and the serials are restricted to in-library use.
This page showcases some of the more notable items in the collection. If you would like to see more of the collection or learn more about it, check out the UNB Science Fiction and Fantasy research guide and contact the librarian.
This page was inspired by The Lesbian Pulp Fiction Collection @ Mount Saint Vincent University and the project benefitted from the guidance of Denyse Rodrigues from MSVU.
Unless otherwise noted, biographical details for SFF Creators have been taken from The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction (1995).
The following resources were also consulted while building this site:
- The World of Science Fiction, 1926-1976 by Lester Del Rey
- The Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- The Creation of Tomorrow: Fifty Years of Magazine Science Fiction by Paul A. Carter
- The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction by John Clute and Peter Nichols
- Modern Fantasy Writers by Harold Bloom